If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so.
A1 Attic’s commitment to our clients
A1 Attics is an attic conversion company under the WH Design Construct registered builder business. Our company is located in Western Australia offering affordable house renovation services including second storey additions and attic conversions.
We are aware of the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals and are committed to ensuring the privacy of the personal information we collect in the course of our business.
We are bound by the 13 Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The Australian Privacy Principles set out the way in which organisations can collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal and sensitive information. They also give individuals the right to know what information an organisation holds about them and the right to correct that information if it is wrong. Further information on the Australian Privacy law is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Type of personal information collected
Contact form: The type of personal information we collect in our contact form may include your name, email address, phone number and suburb you live in as set out on our website.
Other personal information we may collect and hold varies and is dependent on the type of service requested. Details can include but are not limited to:
- date of birth
- current and previous address (including postal address)
- contact details including telephone numbers
- E-mail address
- bank account details
- bank statements and statements for electricity/gas accounts
- credit references or reports from a third party
- drivers license details
- passport and visa details
- property ownership
The above information is collected and recorded about individuals who interact with us such as:
- our customers, potential customers or their representatives
- our suppliers and their representatives
- contractors and their representatives providing goods and services to us
In most cases, if we do not collect the information we require, then we may be unable to undertake certain activities, such as providing you with the requested information, or services.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including to contact and communicate with you, to enable us to provide the requested services, for internal record keeping and for marketing. We do not disclose personal information to third parties.
We may collect information about you from sources such as:
- an enquiry form on the website
- disclosing information over the phone
- providing us with a business card
- nominated representatives of the individual (e.g. spouse, accountant, power of attorney, brokers and other professional advisors)
- other credit providers
- credit reporting bodies and mercantile reporting agencies
- publicly available sources of information
We will only collect your personal information from third parties if it is unreasonable or impractical to collect the necessary information directly from you or if we are otherwise permitted to do so.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information:
- to identify and communicate with you
- to enable us to provide requested goods and services
- to assess any request you make for the supply goods and services on credit by establishing your financial position and credit status
- to assess your ability to repay a loan
- to collect payments
- to place insurance policies
- to manage and maintain credit accounts for the provision of goods and services on credit
- to help us to manage and enhance the goods and services we provide to you
- to help us to manage and enhance the goods and services we purchase from our suppliers
- to protect you and us from fraud
- to comply with our statutory and legal obligations
- to respond to any queries or complaints you may have
- to monitor activity on our website.
When do we disclose your personal information?
Depending on the service we are providing to you, we may disclose your personal information to our related suppliers, third parties where it is necessary to enable us to provide the service required.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes set out above. We may disclose your personal information to:
- your nominated representatives
- credit providers or trade suppliers
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing goods and services to you
- Government, regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law (such as Centrelink or the Police).
- Organisations providing professional services to us are required to keep those dealings and personal information provided by us as confidential unless required to disclose such information by statute or law.
We do not otherwise disclose your personal information without your permission unless the disclosure is:
(b) required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles, or
(c) made with your consent.
You consent to us using your personal information for sending you information, including promotional material, about us or our products and services. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of phone, mail, email, SMS and MMS messages. You can contact us using the contact details specified in Enquiries if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
You can always unsubscribe from our email database and opt-out from marketing communications by contacting us via the enquiry form on our website.
We take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information by ensuring it is protected from misuse, loss, interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of your personal information and the privacy of individuals. We maintain strict standards and security procedures to prevent unauthorised access to the personal information whether it is in an electronic or paper format, and to ensure the correct use of this information.
Where we no longer require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to delete, de-identify or destroy all record of the information held.
Access to and correction of personal information
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We may charge a reasonable fee depending on the complexity of the request to cover costs in retrieving, copying and supplying the information to you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints about breach
If you feel that we have not satisfactorily addressed your complaint, you may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au or by writing to GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601.
All complaints should be made in writing detailing relevant information pertaining to the complaint and those parties involved in the alleged breach.
Last update: 18 March 2019